eso

Urdnot_Wrex

Innkeeper
Staff member
I don't share the positive impression of Infinite Archive (and still need to get used to the name change after the last patch), but I can see why people might like it and it definitely adds to the variety of gameplay experiences, especially considering that it is for solo or duo.
I don't particularly like breezing through several bosses only to get constantly wiped by the next one all of a sudden because he has a hard-to-see insta kill attack and if you don't know how to see it coming or protect yourself from it, you're one-shot. Repeatedly. Until after the third time you have to start from the beginning.
Might be different depending on your build I guess, or if you use combat alert add-ons etc, or are teamed with another player instead of an NPC companion.

It drops nice new furnishing plans and other loot though.

shmity72

Habitué
I don't share the positive impression of Infinite Archive (and still need to get used to the name change after the last patch), but I can see why people might like it and it definitely adds to the variety of gameplay experiences, especially considering that it is for solo or duo.
I don't particularly like breezing through several bosses only to get constantly wiped by the next one all of a sudden because he has a hard-to-see insta kill attack and if you don't know how to see it coming or protect yourself from it, you're one-shot. Repeatedly. Until after the third time you have to start from the beginning.
Might be different depending on your build I guess, or if you use combat alert add-ons etc, or are teamed with another player instead of an NPC companion.

It drops nice new furnishing plans and other loot though.
My exact experience more or less. I played it with a companion for an hour, we breezed through it until...a dragon 1 shot us 3x and done. I also realize the draw of different styles of game play, (there are only X amount of directions Zenimax can go in). I also found someone had played it for 13 hours straight. I believe endless archive (if/when balanced) can be another great edition to a game that, while it has many many issues: block bug, UI errors, routinely introducing old bugs with new patches lol...has given me more than I bargained for, in a good way.

Antimatter

Administrator
Staff member
I managed to kill the dragon there (this time - a fire dragon). The advice is probably the same as if you fought it in Elsweyr, but on a small platform - you can't stay close to its wings (and I also preferred not to stay behind). You need to stay in front of it and once the dragon is ready with its Fus Ro Dah, you need to dash to the left or to the right. In the next stage of the fight (when the dragon is at ~50% of its HPs), you need to get out of the huge AoE of its fire breath - very close to the edge, but the dragon is in the air then, so it can't push you.

Antimatter

Administrator
Staff member
Here is my character soloing an ice dragon in the Archive. The second screenshot shows my character prone, but she's about to get up as the dragon's HPs come close to 0. This is Arc 2 of the Archive, so definitely wasn't an easy fight, yet possible to beat solo with a companion.

dragon1.jpg
dragon2.jpg

Top Bottom