References, Secrets, and other Easter Eggs inside games

Antimatter

Administrator
Staff member
I might be wrong about this, but this death hound's name from Skyrim, if spelt in a Slavic language, means "Bite". Quite fitting !🐕‍🦺

20220602163550_1.jpg

Cahir

Innkeeper
Staff member
I just met Hideo Kojima in a hotel bar in Cyberpunk 2077, where he discussed braindance technology (the in-game version of very advanced VR) with a few people. Very cool!

View attachment 3276
There are also couple of known Twitch streamers in the game, CohhCarnage among them. Look for a guy named Gary the Prophet, somewhere on the streets of Night City, not far from starting location.

Urdnot_Wrex

Innkeeper
Staff member
Lol, Kojima's ego already is large enough to fill the space between Earth and Saturn, no need to feed it any more, Reds :p

I found it a very low-key appearance actually. Exploring the hotel bar is entirely optional, you need to get close to everyone to spot them and hear them talk, and the conversation is integrated into an in-game topic.

Urdnot_Wrex

Innkeeper
Staff member
And another reference in CP2077, in a both sad and funny and interesting quest about... searching for lost taxis (if you plan to play the game in the future and like to discover little Easter Eggs, maybe don't look, hence the spoiler tags)

20221122142554_1.jpg

The cars are all taxis belonging to an AI named Delamain and speak with his voice. All have gone rogue and have some sort of mental health issue, like paranoia, anxiety, depression etc. This one speaks with the voice of GlaDOS from "Portal" instead and of course puts you through potentially lethal tests, mentions the cake, and declares in her flat voice that she hates you so much if you survive. It was hilarious. I'm glad I finished Portal this year too, because I love Easter Eggs and it would have been such a pity to miss this one

Montresor_SP

Habitué
I have played Planescape: Torment on and off for almost 25 years. I have written a walkthrough to the game. I thought there were no more secrets to be found.

Today I looked at the map of Clerk's ward and for the first time noticed that Finam the Linguist's house looks like two regular pentagons side by side.

Trmnt001.png

Finam is the guy you have to speak to in order to learn the language of the Uyo so you can read the dodecahedron. Each side of a regular dodecahedron is a regular pentagon. Coincidence? I think not!

The sides of a regular pentagon relate to its diagonals as 1:Φ, where Φ is the divine section (roughly 1.618). The symbol is the capital Greek letter "Phi", pronounced "Fi" - as in Finam. Coincidence?? No, I think not.

Top Bottom