The Music Thread

shmity72

Habitué
Lead singer Donita Sparks wrote this song. She saw the Iraq War as a conspiracy of sorts, which the US govnernment was using as a distraction. "The Gulf War covered up the Savings And Loans crisis," she told Melody Maker.

USA has had it's anti establishment female punk rockers too. One of my favorite type of musicians :)

m7600

Habitué
i've got a chronological download of 6 hours of his speeches...i still want to make that MLK documentary...i do non fiction. nice song.
Yeah I meant the song after MLK's speech and the musicians (Immortal Technique, Killer Mike, Brother Ali) when I said that they could interest you in case you didn't know them. Of course you know who MLK is.

Montresor_SP

Habitué
If it annoys Vladimir Putin, I generally reckon it's gotta be good.

This song was banned from the Eurovision Song Contest 2009 for being political. The title "We don't wanna Put In" was a bit too provocative, in a year when the ESC was held in Moscow. Especially from Georgia, which Russia had attacked the year before.

m7600

Habitué
Now as we stand before the gallows waiting for the end
I'll say these final words my friend:
At sunrise we will dance the hempen jig
So raise up your pint of rum and take another swig
The curse of Captain Morgan has lead us to this fate
So have no fear and don't look back
The afterlife awaits

shmity72

Habitué
Look up at the night sky
We are part of that

I'll take the moody blues thank you. :)

forgiveness facilitates harmony.
^shmity
For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: but if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
^that one guy...

conscious spirit over materialism for me m7600 yet to each their own :)

Last edited:

m7600

Habitué
The Number of the Beak

"Hatebeak is an American death metal band, formed by Blake Harrison and Mark Sloan, featuring Waldo (b. 1991), a grey parrot. Hatebeak is reported to be the first band to have an avian vocalist. They never tour so as to not distress Waldo. Hatebeak is signed to Reptilian Records. They released the album Number of the Beak on June 26, 2015, through Reptilian Records."

Top Bottom