Things that do not make sense in games

BelgarathMTH

Habitué
With regards to wearing backpack and other adventuregear in combat, a bit off topic but a guy called Shadiversity on youtube have many videos on the topic where he tries it out and it often work better than you would expect. He also "proves" (if we can call it that) that wearing a twohanded weapon and a shield at the same time is very much doable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5znQ50HNB8&list=PLWklwxMTl4syeLHqL3DD0GrPoXHwkZkHJ
I love Shadiversity videos. Also Lindybeige. I tend to adjust my play in games based on how they show things as possible or not. Flails and dual-wielding break my immersion now, thanks to Lindybeige, though, so watching these guys can be a double-edged sword, no pun intended.

Urdnot_Wrex

Habitué
I would vote for NPCs forgetting about you once their quest is completed. Best illustrated by this:

Oh man. I would have laughed first, but considering how real I feel emotions in games and how attached I can even get to fictional characters, it's actually a bit heartbreaking to watch, because I absolutely would have acted like that guy. I was glad for the ending that made it funny again before I could start to think too deeply about how weird I am. 🙃

Urdnot_Wrex

Habitué
I would vote for NPCs forgetting about you once their quest is completed. Best illustrated by this:

Still can't get this out of my head. Also true for timed conversations that can only happen at a certain point and no dialogue options in between. I keep imagining myself as FemShep,
pouring my heart out to Garrus: "You were my best friend on the first Normandy, when I woke up in the Cerberus lab my first thought was where to find you, I was gutted when they said you disappeared, and when I saw you again on Omega it hit my like a ton of bricks and I realized that I love you!" - Garrus: "Can it wait for a bit? I'm in the middle of some calibrations."

mlnevese

Innkeeper
Staff member
I was thinking about this one recently.

Currently playing Cyberpunk 2077. In one of the quests, I must surrender all my weapons to enter a certain place... Dude, I have heat enhanced vibroblades in my arms and implants that make me faster every time I kill someone... I could have killed everyone in this building in less than a minute, so what's the point of taking my weapons?

Last edited:

O_Bruce

Habitué
Sharpening hammers in Monster Hunter games certainly doesn't make a bit of sense
9dee5981f3f13a35d32cc3324dece5e3.jpg

Chronicler

Habitué
I was thinking about this one recently.

Currently playing Cyberpunk 2077. In one of the quests, I must surrender all my weapons to enter a certain place... Dude, have heat enhanced vibroblades in my arms and implants that make me faster every time I kill someone... I could have killed everyone in this building in less than a minute, so what's the point of taking my weapons?

I always thought there should've been some mission in Skryim where you have to assassinate somebody at some event where you give up your weapons at the door, allowing you to make use of the Conjure Weapon spells.

It would probably be one of those things where there's a few different ways of navigating the situation. But the ability to conjure weapons from nothing when otherwise unarmed didn't really seem like it was capitalized on the way I would've liked it.

BelgarathMTH

Habitué
With regards to wearing backpack and other adventuregear in combat, a bit off topic but a guy called Shadiversity on youtube have many videos on the topic where he tries it out and it often work better than you would expect. He also "proves" (if we can call it that) that wearing a twohanded weapon and a shield at the same time is very much doable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5znQ50HNB8&list=PLWklwxMTl4syeLHqL3DD0GrPoXHwkZkHJ
If you enjoy Shadiversity, you might also enjoy LindyBeige.

Top Bottom