Unpopular opinion - how gamers should refer to developers

shmity72

Habitué
I'm with bruce.

Prejudice and stereotyping are generally considered to be the product of adaptive processes that simplify an otherwise complex world so that people can devote more cognitive resources to other tasks.
so the next time you say: I'm not prejudice. You're a lier too.

It's just in human dna to matchy match ideas rather than consider their probabilities. axis and allies online had to devote a lot of resources to low luck dice to make up for the frailty of the 'gamblers falacy'.

Urdnot_Wrex

Innkeeper
Staff member
Prejudice and stereotyping are generally considered to be the product of adaptive processes that simplify an otherwise complex world so that people can devote more cognitive resources to other tasks.

Of course they are, and we all do it to categorize quickly, for example to sort people into "potential threat, mate, ally or neutral?"
It's a human thing, but it doesn't need to control us and once we look closer and spend more time with a topic, it's possible to reflect on it and change that first impression or question our assessment.

If someone doesn't want or see the need to make the effort to spend more resources than this automated response and be more precise, then that's where we can draw the line between a venting rant for quick relief (totally legitimate, just not likely to achieve anything more than that) and constructive feedback.

From personal experience in the Mythforce Early Access (naming that because we all know BG3 as how Early Access should maybe *not* be handled, besides I still don't have it) I can say for example that in the few months it has been going, there have been significant changes after community feedback already.

If people had just said "meh, game sucks, Beamdog sucks, they can only brush up old games and even that sucked" they would have saved their resources, but things like opting out after completing one dungeon floor, the communication wheel, controller support, droppable health potions and generally more healing options, to name a few, wouldn't have been implemented yet or at all.
(And here it wasn't necessary to know who is personally responsible for what, it's enough to say what exactly "sucks" and could be improved)

Now for a lot of people that still won't make it their favourite game, but for many on the fence about it those details make a difference between frustration and fun.

Top Bottom