Anybody here played Hollow Knight?

Chronicler

Habitué
Watching this streamer play it. Looks pretty fun! Figured I'd see what you all thought of it.

It's a metroidvania but it looks like it might take some inspiration from the soulsborn games? Like the mechanic about losing your geo when you die, but being able to get it back if you get back to where you died without dying again. The world looks really big, with a lot of stuff to find in it, and even reasons to come back to old areas when you have new moves and items.

Looks really hard. I think when I was in higshchool I would've eaten something like this up but today I'd have trouble keeping up with it. I still wanna try next time I've got some cash to spare.

Antimatter

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't played it as Metroidvanias are still a genre I need to try, but Hollow Knight is a classic at this point. Would be great to hear players' thoughts on it, though.

Chronicler

Habitué
Well, I just bought Hollow Knight. Only played half an hour of it but I'm having a lot of fun! Already stuck. Not because I've encountered a fight I can't beat or anything. Just not sure where to go next. The world is kind of a bit of a labyrinth.

Top Bottom