Food and drink

Urdnot_Wrex

Habitué
@mlnevese , not everything a Krogan touches is going to explode. I only serve the drinks, I don't make them. Stop scaring the guests or volunteer to prepare something yourself for the next day.

Technically, Antimatter Ale is just an energy drink, only with an unknown amount of energy and no way to predict the results of its interaction with species it hasn't been tested on. Enjoy!

Meanwhile, @Balrog99 , here's your Mysterious Mushroom Soup. No magic involved, but close enough, the Myconid sneezed a few times when he helped in the kitchen, so it might contain a few spores. Make sure to keep your hallucinations peaceful, or else, if roaring fire is inevitable, at least go outside and help the dragon with the potatoes.

@O_Bruce , I'm afraid I don't have the recipe and it's a bit awkward to fold them with Krogan hands, but they're very popular, so be welcome to the kitchen if you want to make some for us and teach a species with more fingers.

Any other wishes or suggestions, maybe with written instructions or pictures so that we can add them to the regular tavern menu?

mlnevese

Innkeeper
Staff member
@mlnevese , not everything a Krogan touches is going to explode. I only serve the drinks, I don't make them. Stop scaring the guests or volunteer to prepare something yourself for the next day.

Technically, Antimatter Ale is just an energy drink, only with an unknown amount of energy and no way to predict the results of its interaction with species it hasn't been tested on. Enjoy!

Meanwhile, @Balrog99 , here's your Mysterious Mushroom Soup. No magic involved, but close enough, the Myconid sneezed a few times when he helped in the kitchen, so it might contain a few spores. Make sure to keep your hallucinations peaceful, or else, if roaring fire is inevitable, at least go outside and help the dragon with the potatoes.

@O_Bruce , I'm afraid I don't have the recipe and it's a bit awkward to fold them with Krogan hands, but they're very popular, so be welcome to the kitchen if you want to make some for us and teach a species with more fingers.

Any other wishes or suggestions, maybe with written instructions or pictures so that we can add them to the regular tavern menu?

Oh... I thought we were going into the matter-energy conversion business with antimatter-based food... my bad :)

Urdnot_Wrex

Habitué
Oh... I thought we were going into the matter-energy conversion business with antimatter-based food... my bad :)

Do I look like a Krogan battlemaster or a Salarian scientist? I can't explain it as well as the folks who invented it.
We're using tiny amounts of antimatter, otherwise where's the fun? Can't go and produce a collision that turns a whole paying customer into pure energy, right?
And asking to pay in advance only for some particular foods and drinks would even make a drunken dwarf think twice.

But we're digressing. I'm waiting for suggestions to add to a regular menu.

Urdnot_Wrex

Habitué
Don't mess with vegetation, or you'll have to face Malevolent Shrubbery!

Here's a note I found in some archives in Divinity: Original Sin 2, it was referring to Shambling Oaks, but I'm sure it can be applied to Treants as well:

20220222003708_1.jpg

Urdnot_Wrex

Habitué
So we make pierogi filled with treant sausages? Have you forgotten already that we became friends with the treants when we charmed that druid? Shame on you.

Nobody has as many friends as the man with many cheeses!
(free drink for who recognizes that line)

Urdnot_Wrex

Habitué
Not in the mood for cheese? That excuse has more holes than this fine slice of Gorgombert!

🧀

Excellent reply! :LOL:

Antimatter Ale, please! One quasi-barrel of it.

A whole barrel of Antimatter Ale? Only if you share. Burning a hole through your stomach with pure energy is only fun if there are friends to witness it, either to laugh or to patch you up, or to be laughed at or patched up. [pulls up a chair]

Urdnot_Wrex

Habitué
Antimatter is on vacation, so let's invite the rats from the basement, the treants and other malevolent shrubbery, some mustard jellies and shambling mounds, and have a very noisy and wild party! Free ale for everyone who contributes with some music, improvised spontaneous battle poetry, other kinds of entertaining performance or alternatively stays to help with cleaning up!

Top Bottom