GODSLAYER!

shmity72

Habitué
I've been creatively vibrating for 2 weeks over a new movie project that's seeing actual production.

What that means is~
asking people what they liked about divine wedding movie everyone said the 'dragons' and...

So I woke one day and decided...I am going to make a dragon movie.
And now the ball is rolling, it will not stop, it may take 4 months or a year...but by god it will happen.

Attachments

• download (3).jpg
    download (3).jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

shmity72

Habitué
Hi. I made the first three cuts of the movie yesterday.

6 months. Six months before idea inception and the editing process. We had our 2nd 'real shoot' on 11/11/23. After 20 people 4 of which were camera operators after 4 hours...we gathered .5 tb of footage, (mostly concept shots for my writer/wife, as well as much footage to use in the movie). Needless to say I needed more room to store this information and footage so I purchased a WD 20 tb drive just for the movie. I've moved the adobe cloud through Three hours of account help service via India. I moved all directories. And now for the really fun and nutty part, after much, much pre production. Expect a 'concept shots of Godslayer' out soon!

Attachments

• were-gonna-need-a-bigger-boat.jpg
    were-gonna-need-a-bigger-boat.jpg
    586.6 KB · Views: 30

shmity72

Habitué
Now...this is a fun fun one. We had one of those 'free form' shooting experiences: kill dragons in a sort of directional way roll 3 camera's at all times getting footage and cutaways. make a nice fat document for the core 'assistant director, writer, guild masters, scouts' to read through. and GO! LOL we did that 11/11 now why it is fun is...

It hasn't been written necessarily. Like Mozart the movie is in my wife's head it just hasn't been written down yet. so...I get to make a 'concept movie' and the music track (that normally comes in post production) gets to be my words''. In other words I get to write it with music lol because all it is, is a fun romp of shots put together to give a map of say 7 different directions my wife can go with her words. Some ideas have fleshed themselves out by way of happenstance, for example it was a neato shot of my wife 'temporarily played as an atronach' doing a sword dance emote within the sewers of imperial city. my idea is that THAT is the summoning lost god slayer weapon of which she spoke. see? we just have fun now and make shit up. then the tricky part comes later. Her words my shots by the 1/30th of a second flowing as to not break the suspension of disbelief. See you in adobe premiere editing suite!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-24 224440.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-24 224440.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 30

shmity72

Habitué
I'M BACK! 3.5 hours of editing today for 6 shots shaved to the 1/30th of a second opening 30 seconds of my teaser to come:

I cut it @ :29.
(I felt the background flip of the monster was jarring in the first rendition to the suspension of disbelief. So I shaved maybe half a second to eliminate it.)
I also added: lighting, narration, and optical flow. I'm still unhappy with the waterfall gain. Document: Lower gain on the waterfall start drum music ½ a second sooner for beat.

Perfection is strived for yet never attained.

The primary, secondary, and tertiary objective: get the person that clicks this link to watch for 20 seconds grabbing their their attention/imagination, and get man woman and child drooling with excitement to watch the actual movie after a 10 minute teaser. :)

Last edited:

shmity72

Habitué
I put 4 or 5 hours of premiere work in yesterday but was too depressed today to work in it so i fixed up my 'to do' document for an hour. maybe tomorrow
I totally ROCKED it this afternoon 4 hours of premiere and steaming ahead. 15 shot dragon battle. Just over 2 minutes in length.

Top Bottom