GODSLAYER!

shmity72

Habitué
yo.
What is the difference between hardening and tempering steel?

Difference Between Annealing, Hardening And Tempering Of Steel

Tempering is the process of heating a substance to a temperature below its critical range and then cooling rapidly. Hardening is a process when steel is heated to very high temperature and quickly cooled by quenching (cooling steel rapidly to obtain desired properties).

The teaser is done being tempered tonight we begin the hardening process muahaha

hopefully I'll be working on the scabbard and filigree come next week. (post audio mix/and extra effects.)

Last edited:

shmity72

Habitué
In 2 hours this morning I figured out where every single shot in the last half of the 10 minute teaser is coming from. I essentially synced 3 camera's of 45 minute footage each to the 1/30th of a second. I figured out that the 45 minutes would be three scenes edited in reverse chronological order and, after a macro look at the start of the scene as opposed to micro? I said 'nah' and cut out 1 hour of work from yesterday in a heartbeat. (less is more), sometimes you just have to throw spaghetti on the wall and see what sticks a few times. (JUST MAKE A BACK UP! LOL)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-04 053807.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-04 053807.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:

shmity72

Habitué
spoiler alert i got the visuals of the trash fight done.

averaging 3.5 hours per day and this is just the teaser, there is a long journey ahead yet for my wife and I. Before end of movie production.

i flipped the first 5 shots just noticed i need to flip the waterfall pan audio.
lol

Last edited:

shmity72

Habitué
I got a strong 3 hours in today. finished the beginning and ending of the final scene 4 of the teaser plus all the guts are ready to be squished in:

edit: ended up finishing the last 2 minutes you see below within an additional 5 hours. trust me,,,,,it's pretty epic.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-19 125817.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-19 125817.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

shmity72

Habitué
Version 1.0 is complete let me know if you want me to spoil it before my wife adds the narration of Molag Bal voiced from our voice actor in Tokyo. (it's now just the visuals plus a sound track) Not the 'correct' way to make a movie, but when you're filming children animals and dragons you kind of have to go by the seat of your pants rather than a more 'specific' storyboard. I've spent 10's of 10's of hours just on this teaser. In one evening having a chat with a real life Director going to NZ to film I don't know a movie about?.... I made a quick little chill video of his snow globe home all in one evening '5' hours.

1706563776467.png

Last edited:

shmity72

Habitué
this is how you do art. Put your blood sweat heart and tears into a 7 minute trailer over the course of 2 months. listen to some feed back...(fight scenes felt a bit long)

You know what you have to do Jason you know what you have to do. CUT. 1 month of work eradicated. you know what you have to do. It is now 3.5 minutes.

:)
editing movies and cutting hair: it's easier to cut, nearly impossible to add.

In the words of Christ: It is finished. 14 our editing. handed off to my wife for narration. now i can recoup for a day good night.

Last edited:

shmity72

Habitué

because the audio is half the video, that's me collecting the music'' of sword twirling. when finished I'll have ..5 video tracks and probably ..15 audio for a 3.5 minute trailer. yes, really.

She kind of has a photographic memory so though she hasn't added the words to her spread sheet she just told me my writer and wife...that the last 3 days she's been thinking about what molag bal is saying during the narration.

shmity72

Habitué
OMG I love being retired. After a relatively busy work day my wife wrote for 4 hours on the 4.5 minute trailer.

I get to say: when I wake up tomorrow I'm going to eat fruit and protein, go for a long walk...and then edit.

the Trailer is rounding 3rd. Machinima the likes of which have never been witnessed to date.

Attachments

• its working meme.png
    its working meme.png
    191.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

shmity72

Habitué
Voice acting/editing is probably my favorite part of the process because 'words/context/intent/manipulation'

NO SPOILERS just fun.

I'm expecting a Sunday release date.

6 hours of audio editing. 3am est...

Last edited:

shmity72

Habitué
I knew without doubt that regardless how catchy and clicky and sugar on top my video thumb nails and descriptions were it was temporary to the guts of the program. I focused fully on the programs.

after divine wedding a breaker breaker guild eso fan film has been out for 1.5 years i'm like...that is the worst fucking title in the world. So just now i changed it and put apro po links within my videos to direct traffic.

Divine Wedding ~ An ESO Tale of Dragons, Love, and Betrayal!​

I had a shity thumb nail of a dark sewer and you could barely make out a guy with a sword and changed it to this:

Top Bottom