Greetings adventurers!

Ratibor

Habitué
I learned about this forum from my good friend and here I am. I'm a lover of old school RPGs, but I am also interested in new products. If you ask me what game I can recommend 24 hours 7 days a week it would be Neverwinter Nights. I will be happy to discuss all the great games of the old Bioware, Black Isle and Troika games and talk about new products and studios that cherish and develop the great legacy of these games, such as Larian, Owlcat games and of course my beloved Beamdog. Welcome aboard oldies!))

Attachments

• tumblr_nk1299iWsN1qd4q8ao1_500.gif
    tumblr_nk1299iWsN1qd4q8ao1_500.gif
    263.7 KB · Views: 82

Urdnot_Wrex

Habitué
I learned about this forum from my good friend and here I am. I'm a lover of old school RPGs, but I am also interested in new products. If you ask me what game I can recommend 24 hours 7 days a week it would be Neverwinter Nights. I will be happy to discuss all the great games of the old Bioware, Black Isle and Troika games and talk about new products and studios that cherish and develop the great legacy of these games, such as Larian, Owlcat games and of course my beloved Beamdog. Welcome aboard oldies!))
Welcome! It's great to see there are more people who can appreciate both old games and new ones, because they all have their merit and liking Bioware, Beamdog or Larian games, to mention a few, isn't mutually exclusive! (Not mentioning Owlcat because I haven't tried their games yet, they're on the list).

Ratibor

Habitué
Welcome, Ratibor, it's so great to see you here! What did make you fall in love with Neverwinter Nights, when did it happen? What does keep your interest in it after all these years?
I met Neverwinter Nights in 2003. I had just moved away from Diablo II and we can say that Neverwinter was my first serious story RPG. At first, many things were unclear, classes, builds, and it was difficult to understand how the game works. But then I went through the original campaign for, let's say, a bad ending with the murder of Aribet, I experienced a bitter aftertaste, but I did not leave the feeling that something was wrong here, and this story should have ended differently, but what did I miss? I went through the game again and this time it turned out to be a different, good ending, and then again and again, and each time I discovered some new interesting things and opportunities that were not obvious at first glance. That's why I fell in love with this type of RPG, when you have a lot of opportunities and not all of them are obvious and only the very attentive and persistent will be able to find them all.
P.S. I am probably one of the few people who really loves the original Neverwinter Nights campaign, despite its shortcomings, this story for me to this day is the standard of a dark and serious story that I am ready to return to again and again every time.

Ratibor

Habitué
Welcome! It's great to see there are more people who can appreciate both old games and new ones, because they all have their merit and liking Bioware, Beamdog or Larian games, to mention a few, isn't mutually exclusive! (Not mentioning Owlcat because I haven't tried their games yet, they're on the list).
I highly recommend the Pathfinder series to you. Especially Wrath of the Righteous. If you want to experience similar sensations to the first or second Neverwinter Nights or Baldur's Gate 1-2, then this game, in my opinion, is the closest to them. But at the same time, she does not forget to be herself and develops both old and her own new ideas.

Urdnot_Wrex

Habitué
I highly recommend the Pathfinder series to you. Especially Wrath of the Righteous. If you want to experience similar sensations to the first or second Neverwinter Nights or Baldur's Gate 1-2, then this game, in my opinion, is the closest to them. But at the same time, she does not forget to be herself and develops both old and her own new ideas.
Noted! Currently I'm playing Divinity: Original Sin 2, and then I have to finish the Dragon Age series, but Pathfinder games will eventually enter the scene too. So many games, so little time!

Top Bottom