The Secret of Darkwoods - Open-world illustrated text-based RPG - Released on March, 21

rap2h

Habitué
The Secret of Darkwoods is a non-linear video gamebook I developed during the last 6 months.

It's a tribute to younger me, and to Fighting Fantasy gamebooks and maybe Daggerfall, I guess.

Wishlist available here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2271590/The_Secret_of_Darkwoods/

It's currently the last round of alpha-testing, I would be glad to have testers to have feedback! Game will be free forever when it's release

Screenshots:

ElEnEIU.jpg

ISoAkmS.jpg

I9SmDaQ.jpg

gDEz11L.jpg

Antimatter

Administrator
Staff member
Ohhhh, another gem! Thanks so much for sharing, and good luck with the project! Your Steam community thread looks a bit lonely, I'm sure Tavern people will support you!

How did you come up with the idea? How many people work on the game, who is the amazing artist? How hard has it been to start from scratch? How long will the game be?

rap2h

Habitué
> Ohhhh, another gem! Thanks so much for sharing, and good luck with the project!

Thank you so much

> Your Steam community thread looks a bit lonely, I'm sure Tavern people will support you!

haha yes, it's totally empty!

> How did you come up with the idea?

It's a long-time idea (maybe a child dream). I wanted to make an open-world gamebook, with some procedural parts, where you can talk to anyone in the street and start a quest. That's why I say it's inspired by Daggerfall (the best of the series in my opinion). I love the fact that you can just totally ignore the main story, and randomly wander into the world. I also took some inspiration from might and magic 6 for the simple rules and game loop. And of course Fighting Fantasy gamebooks. But I always thought that nobody would play this game, because a simple text-based game would have no players without perfect execution (and really good promotion). My game is not perfectly executed haha (expect bugs and absurd situations), and I suck at promoting it. Also, I'm a music composer (dungeon synth style), I like writing and I am a developer, so I thought I had everything (but illustrations) to start. And then, about illustrations...

> who is the amazing artist?

Unfortunately, it's generated. I would have love to work with illustrators, but since it's a small project on my spare time, I have no budget. Game will be free by the way. 300+ illustrations would have cost me years of my day job pay. When ai generated images started to be a thing, I thought: oh I can do the game, it's the only part that was missing! I'm not really an ai enthusiast, I consider it the missing tool that made my game possible. I hope it's not too disappointing

> How many people work on the game

It's a solo dev project that turned into a collective project. There are now 8 music composers, a writer helped me with 2 side quests (the best side quests of the game to be fair), some friends and even my older daughter helped me with the general story and ideas.

> How hard has it been to start from scratch?

I thought it would be a small project that I could finish in one or two month. Now, 6 months later it's not finished (I guess I spent 500 hours at least). But it's amazing, I love what I'm doing!

> How long will the game be?

Alpha players have played from 30 minutes to 2 hours and did not finish the first part of the main quest. I guess the full game will be 3 hours for the main quest. And more if you just want to explore.

Last edited:

Urdnot_Wrex

Habitué
I would be glad to have testers to have feedback!

The game looks great! How can we join the playtest? I have wishlisted on Steam and joined the Discord but couldn't find the details!

Additionally I'd like to say the fact that those illustrations are AI-generated is both scary and impressive at the same time.

We had a thread about AI pictures, it got lost to a technical problem (or maybe a sentient AI took offence, who knows) and had to be started again, with information, pros and cons and discussion.
The fact that without it, some creative projects on a tight budget would never see the light of day is definitely a huge pro.

Urdnot_Wrex

Habitué
Alright, here's how:
The Steam page contains a link to the Discord, there you join up and DM @rap2h for a key and there you are.

I got mine, will probably be able to start tomorrow (important Krogan family business today) and will let you all know how it is, but please, since the playtime is short anyway, maybe some more of you folks would like to jump in and give it a go for an hour or two!

Urdnot_Wrex

Habitué
Alright, I tried the game for a bit and will share my impressions and feedback. I realize this is a small project done by someone in their free time without a budget, so I'm fully aware we can't expect results to be what they would be if someone were specialized at narrative, someone else at dialogue, another at quest design, music or leveling. I also know this is a work in progress, so things might change, but that's all the more reason to give my honest opinion instead of praise only. Please don't take my words too harshly, because I will list a few things I'd personally consider worthy of improvement for me to be interested in continuing the game.

First impression: Visual: Very nice, gives the feeling of looking at an old storybook lying on a wooden table.

Village.jpg

First acoustic impression: Too noisy. I appreciate that it's possible to regulate music and ambient sound separately, but with headphones on the default setting is far too loud, and even at the lowest, it's still a bit intrusive and dominates the whole impression. Turning it off is not a ideal solution though, because a lot of work went into that, so I personally would think the lowest volume should be lower. Music should add to the general atmosphere and frame the experience of reading through the game, not distract from it or overshadow it. Maybe it's different over speakers, but I always play with headphones.

I'm not 100% sure it's only the volume though, the music feels a bit dominating because in my (again, very personal) opinion it doesn't quite fit the atmosphere of the game. The synthesizer sound reminds me more of a sci-fi game, gives off vibes more like the music in Mass Effect than in fantasy, and the fact that the music keeps up the same repetitive pattern no matter if I'm talking in the street of the village, fighting a monster in a swamp or exploring a haunted house doesn't really help to add to the experience instead of distracting from it.

Another factor were the ambient sounds. For example, when I entered the tavern, there was background chatter and clattering of plates or something, which rightly gave the impression of entering a crowded common room, but the music remained the same all the way. Maybe it would help the atmosphere if the music stopped or at least changed a bit in a surrounding with ambient sounds.

What looks absolutely great are the illustrations, but as we know, they were AI generated, so that beauty can be a curse. If I see such detailed, warm, engaging and lively pictures, I kind of expect the rest of the game to live up to that, because no matter how rational we are, the first impression of what we see shapes our expectations. If the pictures looked a bit less refined, I would maybe see the rest in a less critical light and be more forgiving, but if the visuals are stunning, they clash too much with the content and that discrepancy has a negative impact on my overall impression, I'm afraid.

Another positive aspect I noted is how choice is implemented even when just entering the first village. As you can see in my screenshot above, there are several choices and each of them leads to a sub-choice. I can, for example, visit the tavern or the general store when firs entering the village and choosing "visit a place".
When I decide to talk to a random stranger, I get indeed a random choice of several NPCs, it's not just a pool of 3 or 4 people, and each of them has various options to interact with them again, like Suzanne here:

Suzanne.jpg

As we can see, the text here is written from the perspective of the omniscient narrator, not the one of the exploring player, probably to flesh out the story and give background insight on every character, but it feels a bit inconsistent with the fact that other scenes show us only our vague outside impression from the player perspective. Maybe that's comparable to being able to hover over a character in a video game and see their biography and stats though, it just feels a bit different because here it's all written down on the pages in the same way of course.

The dialogue choices you can see there have been the same for all NPCs I have seen so far. The first question about service leads to the NPC either offering you an item or a herb or someting like that for sale, or in one other case to teach me Persuasion, but I didn't have the required minimum intelligence for that yet at level 1.
The rumors make the person share a random rumor about the area or faraway places, which may or may not be relevant at some point or be a reason for further exploration in the future. I haven't tested if the same person always tells the same rumor in every playthrough or if they draw from a pool, but it adds an interesting flavour either way.

"Can I help you?" prompts the NPC to give you a quest that you can then either accept or decline.

Werewolf1.jpg

Werewolf2.jpg

Why does the powerful sorceress who uses her great talent to protect the village from evil need the random stranger to convince her husband the werewolf to do more housework?
For the same reason that so many games make me kill rats at level 1 I suppose, it's old tradition, but from a text-based game I would have expected a little more consistency or someting more imaginative maybe? The very short and simple statement she makes seems a stark contrast to the elaborate description of her background story.
And then the pitfalls of open world: You go to the house, try to talk to the werewolf, but you need Persuasion to convince him. Ah, so that's why, it's linked to that person who offers to teach me persuasion but I wasn't smart enough yet!
I can alternatively fight the werewolf or flee, but that old lady didn't want me to fight him, he's strong and regenerates, so I leave the house instead.

How about that Persuasion? I need a level. There was a guy at the tavern who claims to have seen me in the forest before, but he will only tell me about the people who were after me if I retrieve his boots from a swamp 11 hours away. So I travel to the swamp, there's some monster I successfully fight.
Combat is text, shows me options to fight with dexterity, 4 vs D6, or strength, 4 vs D10 and then shows the result and the follow-up action, that's nicely done.

I get the boots, get back, hear him describe the robed figures and hear from someone else where they had seen the symbol on those robes. I get a level!

Point into intelligence, and off I go to learn Persuasion. Unfortunately I had already accepted a quest from that person who offers to teach me Persuasion. Where is she? I go to the main page of the village, and now "Visit a place" includes the werewolf home and the house of that other person, who said she'd wait there for me when I have done whatever it was I agreed to do for her in some faraway place.
When I go to that place, I can only tell her that I haven't done her quest yet, the dialogue option about the services she offers is no longer available.

So if the NPCs I talk to in a street appear in a random order, and sometimes one service offered by one person is required to solve the quest from another person (the skill you learned, the shovel or torch you bought, that kind of thing), it would be vitally important to have access to that service dialogue even after accepting the quest from that person. Otherwise I need to do the quest from person 3 to be able to talk to her and get that skill or item needed for the quest of person 5, but for the quest from person 3 I first need to travel to a completely different place where I get killed because I'm only level 1 and I have to fight a tough monster there, but to reach a higher level I must do more quests, or I need to buy the armour for gold that I only get if I do the quest from person 6, but person 6's quest can only be done with the item from person 1, and so on...
In the end, you don't know what you need when. Of course it's alright to pick up a few quests and only be able to do some of them much later, or to run into stuff you're underleveled for, but the way it's built now, that gets tedious very quickly because in the end there's practically only one order in which a certain chain of events can be done. Unless you pick up ALL quests from all NPCs and go to do them to see which can be done easily at this point, and possibly have to restart the game then because you died trying.
Especially because in a text-based game, unlike one where you see the street and its people, it's much harder to keep track of who is where and offers what. And running into unforeseen trouble is fine if you visually explore an area and walk around, but if reading the text is all you can do to interact and explore, running into obstacle loopsgis more frustrating.

Long story short, if random order of quests and no level scaling are intended, people who offer services should have that dialogue option available even when you have accepted their quest. "quest accepted" = "no other interaction possible until quest is resolved" is bad.

Urdnot_Wrex

Habitué
(Part 2 because I hit the character limit of posts)

"Quest design" and writing, unfortunately, haven't convinced me so far. I haven't seen that much yet, but let me give you a few examples to try to explain what I think needs a bit refinement.

Ariel1.jpg

Thoughtful details to create an impression of a person are good, and adding information that makes us feel compassion and want to help her, I can see the intent. But a curse of eternal life just for disrespect as a child seems a bit much, plus begging, being blind, half deaf, taking nonsense and being avoided by people out of fear (the same people whose very detailed and thoughtful character descriptions tell me they're powerful sorceresses or kind, helpful souls who support everyone in need)?
A very simple conclusion sentence like "Her grandmother was incredibly abusive to her" sounds oddly out of place too.

Of course I try to talk to her and she mumbles a vague description of her home. How I know that the slowly leaving memories of her husband and children are all the good she has left in this life? The omniscient narrator says so. The player reads it and can tell at a glance she's not evil, but she doesn't give coherent answers and other people don't talk to her. So here the narrator is being mixed up with the player perspective, the woman can't really tell us she wants mementos of her family, we just assume that and take it as a quest, which feels a bit inconsistent. I realize it's hard to mix up "omniscient description for the details" and "what does the player know, see and learn from exploration" but I think it's important to keep track of that. Either we know things, or we have to investigate them through dialogue and exploration. Mixing both leads to complications.
Of course I go to her house though.

Ariel_House.jpg

Creaking door, eerie quietness, almost muffling the sounds coming from outside... sudden movement in the corner.
But all that is accompanied by the same repetitive and still rather dominant synthesizer music I hear while walking through the forest, talking in the street or drinking at the tavern and checking my character sheet.
I mention it again to emphasize how it kind of kills the mood by contrast, it creates a dissonance if you read about the sounds or lack of sound that are meant to conjure up an atmosphere, but what you actually hear couldn't be more different.

Then there are more inconsistencies in the appearing ghost (it's her husband). At first he seems angry and hopeless from his impression, then he chatters openly about the afterlife, is shocked to hear his wife is still alive but later says he didn't want her to come to the house, I never told him she is losing her memories (that was the other dialogue option) and yet he tells me this:

ghost.jpg

ghost2.jpg

It seems a bit random how he suddenly comes up with the fact that he doesn't want her to visit the house and see him like that. Has she been sleeping in the streets for the last decades? Have none of the village people ever helped her back to the house, or wouldn't she have walked back there occasionally if she still remembers well enough to have mumbled the few details that led us here? Maybe she did, but then why is the ghost so surprised she's still alive? Did he conveniently just visit the house for the first time at the very moment we arrived there?
Even more odd because the description of the toys suggests the children were small when they died, and the woman is 165 years old already. To me that sounds like a detail added to feel even more pity and compassion for her, having lost her children at a young age, but in that context it makes little sense or doesn't seem thought through. Of course people sometimes leave the room of someone who died the same way it has been, but she can't possibly have lived sitting there in the street for the last 130 years.

Here's the conclusion when bringing her the toy horse:

Ariel_End.jpg

Where does the first person narrator ("I wonder if she's talking to her kids") suddenly come from? And "Either way. She's finally happy." seems a rather abrupt end and again such a contrast in writing.

Yes, maybe I'm nitpicking, but as I said, if a game looks great and is text-based, meaning the text is the core, heart, center of the game, then I expect the text to be the best aspect.

So what I would definitely think should be improved:

1. More consistency in narration perspective. A change between omniscient narrator descriptions and subjective player observation is alright, but it needs to be clearly distinguished and not mixed. Either we know only what we see and what we have explored or asked, or we know what people think, feel or have experienced in the past because the narrator told us so. We can't have a mixture of both in the same situation, or exploration and investigation makes no sense.

2. The writing style. There needs to be a balance between the amount of information we need at this point, and the additional description needed to create an atmosphere. We get flooded with details, like in the character description of the sorceress, and then we get sentences like "Her grandmother was incredibly abusive" or "Either way. She is finally happy." I can't pick out every example, but the village itself, that an entering traveler can see with their own eyes, is described with very few vague words, as seen in my first screenshot, where a few more descriptions would help us to get the feeling. On the other hand people are sometimes introduced with so much background information that's not really relevant at this point, which plays into the consistency point with narrator perspective again that I meantioned again.
Then the writing itself, where complicated sentences alternate with such abrupt and simple phrases, and the contrast between the descriptions and the writing in dialogues, it just sounds still very raw. It is an alpha build of course, though.

3. The build of the quests themselves. The given details need to add up, every information needs to have a purpose, either as a description to create an atmosphere, to make us feel something, or to let us solve a problem. If the details don't add up and we get a mysterious narrator prompt, it's no longer fun, and if we get every possible hook thrown at us to make us pity the person it seems overkill, but during the quest we never find out what even happened to her family and the only purpose of all that information was to make us do her quest out of compassion and she gets a moderately happy ending, it feels a bit shallow.

4. The dialogue options where we can buy something or learn something from a person need to be available even if we have accepted their quest and haven't turned it in yet, or it will quickly become a situation like "you need a home to get a passport, but you need a passport to rent an appartment" situation.

5. The music should be more adjusted in volume and maybe be a bit more varied fitting the situation, or if that's too complicated, it should stop and be only replaced by the ambient sounds if the atmosphere of a certain place requires it.

Good luck to @rap2h for the future of this game and I'll be looking forward to further updates and to other impressions by less nitpicky testers!

rap2h

Habitué
Thank you so much for this detailed feedback @Urdnot_Wrex! This is really valuable, for me and for other readers I guess!

I had started to make a long answer in my head while doing the dishes, but I don't know where to start!
Because what you have written illustrates a major issue in my game, which has pivoted several times, starting from an idea of a procedural text game inspired by Daggerfall (vast, absurd, random things everywhere, repetitive game loop and content), then thanks to very first feedbacks, to a more traditional game book.

By the way, talking to random people was the first thing I developed! It was the original game loop: talk to random people, read a random ridiculous description of the person, then ask for a blank quest, fetch the item, go back to the house of the random person, get your reward, level up, etc. But it was boring, and I got very negative feedback from one tester that made me reconsider the game. This feedback had some similarities with yours: there are immersion-breaker everywhere. I did not even think of immersion when building the game initially, just a kind of casual game. I tried to improve it, but it seems it's not sufficient, or maybe it's just a stodgy mixture now.

You may be interested in implementation details about "talk to random people" (the main part you described in your post) that may explain why it seems weird, let's go then! I realize there is a real problem.
When you talk to a person in the street, the person is generated on the fly. It means they exist only for the time you speak with them. Thus, I'm afraid you would never have found back the person that can teach you Persuasion.
  • Each person is rich/middle/poor and young/middle/old and man/woman and living in a city/village (36 cases).
  • Then a name is generated randomly
  • Then an image is selected (1-2 images are available for each case)
  • Then a description is selected (100 descriptions are available, 2-4 for each case)
  • Then an object or competency is associated ("do you offer any service") based on the rich/middle/poor parameter
  • Then a random quest (if available) is associated ("can I help you") based on the person. For instance, "my husband is a werewolf" conditions are: poor/middle/rich village woman middle/old
As you can see, there is no relation between the initial person description, the quest, the image, and the service, but the parameters randomly chosen on the fly. That's why it feels so weird I guess.

That being said, I'm not optimistic, because the release is in 3 weeks, and I don't want to postpone it, because it would have a negative impact on my life (I do this game in my spare time, and I have decided a deadline 6 month later to not sacrifice my family and social life).

So, since I have many other things to fix, I have to find some quick wins. What do you think would have the most impact? What I have in mind thanks to your feedback that could have an impact and low cost (without changing too much things 20 days before the release):
  • (1hour) Remove descriptions of people that are too original or too detailed and that might be at odds with a quest
  • (4 hours) Introduce each description with a sentence that shows the hero has just spoken with the person, e.g. replace
    • "${firstName} is a 30-year-old woman who lives in the small village of ${townName}. She is a skilled herbalist and healer, and spends her days attending to the medical needs of the community."
    • with "You meet ${firstName}, a 30-year-old woman living in the small village of ${townName}. You chat with her for a few minutes and learn that she is a trained herbalist and healer, and spends her days attending to the medical needs of the community. "
  • (15 minutes) Lower the music (I can not change the tracks: I accepted the participation of 8 composers that are super happy to be involved in the project)
  • (30 minutes) Manually fix some of the text examples you pointed
I guess that by just fixing the random people's descriptions, half of the "omniscient" feeling would be removed.

What do you think?

Also:
  • How much time did you play?
  • Did you enjoy the game a bit, or did the immersion and flaws break all fun?
  • Is English your first language?
  • What name do you want in the credits?
  • Feel free to send your feedback on the Steam page when it's released (maybe wait a few days if it's a thumb down! :))
Thank you for your valuable feedback!!

Last edited:

Urdnot_Wrex

Habitué
Hey I would never give a thumbs down review on an official site like Steam for a free game that someone put their heart into in their free time without a full time team and a budget. That alone deserves a lot of bonus points.

It's just that feedback on a work in progress is a different matter, I wanted to share my relatively raw and unfiltered impression without taking everything else into account, and I hope it didn't come across as too harsh.

Of course I had fun with it, otherwise I wouldn't have continued :). And the concept of playing just by talking to random people in random situations without knowing what to expect and then getting an equally random quest is definitely interesting.

What I had forgotten is that you have only 3 weeks to release, and also your explanation above made me move my goalposts a bit because I realised I went in with the wrong expectations.
I had no idea that the characters aren't written as a whole with their quest and service attached but that you kind of draw each component from a pool, that explains the inconsistencies.

Also, that the components like the service they offer exist only in the moment of the dialogue is something I didn't expect or know, because obviously if I realise I need Persuasion to solve a quest, I'd remember there was someone who taught it and would want to get back to them, or I would remember who sold which item. Especially if I can still go to that person to turn in the quest after doing it.

It would have been helpful then to know in advance that while you explore freely and can go anywhere, failure is expected, some quests can't be solved if you run into them at the wrong moment and especially that they're not interlinked, and that items and services are random and you can't go back to them. That NPC quests are just standalone moments.
That alone would have made me adjust wrong expectations quite a bit.

About the music, I can fully understand, I see there was a lot of work put into it, and that it doesn't always fit the atmosphere is a totally subjective opinion of course.
Making it possible to lower the volume a bit more, and especially lowering either music or ambient noise a bit by default when both are present at the same time, would already make a huge difference.

I'm not quite sure what to say about the descriptions. Yes, they're at odds with the quests sometimes, but on the other hand they're the more detailed and nicely written part. If you remove all the background details so that it no longer seems "omniscient" or doesn't fit the quests, it might end up being too generic.

I'd suggest finding a bit of a balance there of maybe just taking out a tiny little bit of the more unusual details... having some skills and a past the other villagers don't know about is fine, but if you hear someone is secretly an incredibly powerful sorceress who has repeatedly protected the village from evil, you expect that introduction to have a follow-up, either a meaning for the continuation of the game or at least a relevance for the quest... not just a decorative information on a person who then asks you to convince her husband to do more housework.

And yes, ideally you'd not get the more unusual and hidden details at the first glance but after a bit of talk, that would feel more natural, but of course I can't judge which of those things are easier to implement for you at this point or even possible at all.

If you have someone who can do that, maybe let someone proofread a bit, especially the spoken sentences, the dialogue. I had the impression that in some points the writing could do with a bit of fine-tuning, because it seemed to jump from carefully phrased to slightly "sloppy" in some points, but maybe that's just me. Maybe it was intended, and besides I'm not a native speaker.

To answer your other questions:
I played for 1.5 or max 2 hours I think, can't say for certain because a part of it was in offline mode where Steam doesn't count the time. Also, I died twice and started over.

No, the flaws didn't break all the fun, I was mainly pointing out what could, in my very subjective opinion, be improved, therefore mentioned more negative than positive aspects. Knowing the concept and construction of characters and quests now has also adjusted my expectations.

No, English is not my first language.

Yes, I will gladly write a review on the Steam page when the game is released, and a review that takes into account the conditions under which the game was made and how it was made and with which goals and concepts, will be different and more positive than (hopefully constructive) feedback on a work in progress.

I would feel awkward about my name in the credits just for a few lines of mostly criticism, but mentioning either there or dropping the word somewhere else that our forum was helpful would be greatly appreciated if that's not too much to ask. As you see, we're still small and growing but motivated.

I wish you ongoing good luck with your project for the last phase and will definitely check it out again when there's more or all of it available.

rap2h

Habitué
Hi @Telumatan! Thank you for your question!

It's generated from simple text prompts using Midjourney, that run multiple times until getting something OK (there are a lot of weird results in AI-generated images).

It is ridiculously easy to build. Example to generate a character portrait:
character portait, a very ugly 30 years old rural woman, background is a medieval village, daylight, fantasy, painting

I tried to always follow the same patterns (for instance: ", fantasy, painting" at the end of the prompt, or "character portrait" for all character portraits) to keep a kind of consistency. A friend helped me, we generated 2800 images and kept 350. We had to make some tricks to avoid AI bias. Example: as you can see there is "very ugly" in the example prompt, we used it for all young-ish women, to just avoid having the same standard woman again and again.

rap2h

Habitué
Yes, it's quite embarrassing.

Not sure it's the "only way", but that trick definitely gave us more interesting portraits. There are many other disturbing flaws and biases (that have been documented) in this generative content. That's why I don't consider myself an AI enthusiast. Still, it made my game possible, so I have mixed feelings!

Antimatter

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, it's quite embarrassing.

Not sure it's the "only way", but that trick definitely gave us more interesting portraits. There are many other disturbing flaws and biases (that have been documented) in this generative content. That's why I don't consider myself an AI enthusiast. Still, it made my game possible, so I have mixed feelings!
Well, it's not your problem, or even the AI problem. It's a mass-culture problem. The problem of how body/face is perceived by the masses. I guess, humanity will deal with it eventually. It's totally cool that the AI allowed you to create this game. It wouldn't have been possible even 5 years ago.

rap2h

Habitué
Voilà, the Secret of Darkwoods is out now.

I enjoyed developing this game, I hope you like it. Thank you for your support! I would be glad to have your feedback.

Antimatter

Administrator
Staff member
I'm so happy to see 18 positive and 0 negative reviews of the game on Steam (at the moment of writing)! Congratulations! I'll make sure to check the game out when I have more time. Do you plan to bring the game to other storefronts, e.g. GOG?

rap2h

Habitué
Feedbacks are positive currently! A few months ago, it was actually mixed. The game has been greatly improved thanks to testers (including @Urdnot_Wrex). It's still a small game, but it seems like people enjoy playing for a few hours.

As for me, I'm currently a bit exhausted (I try to answer all feedback and discussion, my keyboard will be broken soon), so I will wait a bit before releasing it on other platforms, maybe one or two months. My plan is to release it on itch and GOG. About GOG it seems harder. I sent them a mail at the very beginning of the dev and they politely refused.

Top Bottom