The "Let's complain about our jobs" Thread

shmity72

Habitué
Well I'm not complaining about my job per se. I will add a 'people' complaint: Some friends or close people to me..sometimes I want to just say: Take a polaroid of yourself in the mirror, give yourself a kiss, and get over yourself.

Anyone feel me on that?

shmity72

Habitué
If someone told me to "give myself kiss and get over myself", it would be like saying "just don't be depressed!" to a depressed person. Utterly not effective, and patronizing even.
I see your point of view and take argument with it let us parse... I suffer from grave mental illness. Will power in and of itself does not solve anything in this world. Though attitude to will may provide a window good or bad depending on the perspective from which it came to a higher reality. the 'self'.

*read slowwwwwwwwly I know i have to or i sound like word salad.

The first image is how I biologically feel 7 /10ths of every waking hour. Pure death. The second image is a fallacy I keep stored in the back seat of my mind and pretend that the future may have a silver lining...and wallah! I find beauty in the gathering of Robins in the spring are not completely over shadowed by the sounds of Aprils thunder. Depression...no you don't pull yourself up by your bootstraps but can design your own minds paradigm for to RELEASE oneself from their reflective ego.

p.s. I'm really bad at it. And I'm trying to be better.

Attachments

• 360_F_567721271_mfAcSiDO815dELvS9RefbdYGT8nBM0u0.jpg
    360_F_567721271_mfAcSiDO815dELvS9RefbdYGT8nBM0u0.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 8
  • a-glimmer-of-hope-penny-polakoff.jpg
    a-glimmer-of-hope-penny-polakoff.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

O_Bruce

Habitué
I know that this is mainly a topic for venting about jobs, but I don't see any other active topic to type things like this.

I concluded that I am utterly incapable of feeling compassion towards myself. I know that in case my friend or any close one has messed up, I'd try to make them feel better, extend a helping hand, or at the very least, try to be informative. Or hell, just listen to them if I can't do anything else. I wouldn't be absolutely merciless towards them like I am to myself.

I know that there are ways to train self-compassion, but I don't believe them to be effective, in my case at the very least. If everything else in my life is a worthless failure, then why should I think that I can succeed in that?

shmity72

Habitué
I went to this ladies office today. She's bad ass. I was telling her about making you tube movies and she said check out mine:

I found curiosity to be interesting as an MO to interact with others. (including my closest loved ones). Point: there are as antimatter mentioned many resources that we cannot get from necessarily a DIY on you tube.

I'm reading this book: It takes what it takes. It's about neutral thinking. not positive thoughts'' not eliminating the bad. Just neutral.

long story short. in the book he said scientifically vocal '' thoughts as opposed to silent ones are 4x powerful. <another reason for talking to someone professional.

AND negative vocal thoughts are 10x more powerful than positive. Remember when grandma said if you don't have something good to say don't say anything at all? that includes self talk presumably. sending thought vibes your way of solace and healing. peace out~

shmity72

Habitué
I know that this is mainly a topic for venting about jobs, but I don't see any other active topic to type things like this.

I concluded that I am utterly incapable of feeling compassion towards myself. I know that in case my friend or any close one has messed up, I'd try to make them feel better, extend a helping hand, or at the very least, try to be informative. Or hell, just listen to them if I can't do anything else. I wouldn't be absolutely merciless towards them like I am to myself.

I know that there are ways to train self-compassion, but I don't believe them to be effective, in my case at the very least. If everything else in my life is a worthless failure, then why should I think that I can succeed in that?
here is some science that may help rewire some thought process for me you and us: ..in a positive way:
The power of negative self-talk: Research has consistently shown that negative self-talk can have a more significant impact on our mental state than positive affirmations.
whatever you profess from your tongue out of your mouth becomes your reality as you are rewiring your brain doing it.<ponder love...shmity

shmity72

Habitué
So, if I say, "Well, I doubt that's true" enough, will it invalidate the study? :ROFLMAO:
While it is a funny one. Think on the double slit experiment. The point of view of the person that 'has the floor' aka the 'observer' dictates whether the light is a particle or wave. Makes you go hmmmm...

I mean if: reality is 'potentiality' when we're not observing it...and when we HAVE to and or happen to it becomes concrete and REAL. Why not make that 'reality' something beautiful or at least be prepared to face it down with confidence if we gather from our psyche that it's a dragon? (see Carl Jung 'shadow work')

~harmony, Jason

Attachments

• The-Observer-Effect.png
    The-Observer-Effect.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Top Bottom