The Music Thread

OrlonKronsteen

Habitué
Veeeeery interesting. For what it's worth, I keep all BG sounds on except the music, which I turn off in options. I add music by streaming from a browser or streaming service. That said, if the music is loud you may miss hearing certain things in the game (such as the reassuring sound of a basilisk being paralyzed by Korax while your party is out of visual range). So I try to keep the music volume down low enough to hear everything.

I did NOT know that you could listen to the spell incantations to discern what was coming. Wow. Just when I think I'm starting to get a handle on the game... Thanks for that, and all the other wisdom you impart. 🖖

Alesia_BH

Habitué
Happy to help!

And I know this isn't the right thread for this, but here are a couple of basic ones to get you started on identifying spells.

1. When a high level mage says vita, mortis, careo that usually means Horrid Wilting.
2. When a high level mage says praeses, alia, fero that's usually Time Stop, although Improved Alacrity is a possibility to, if you play with SCS
3. Manus, potentis, paro means it's an Abjuration school spell. Be ready for Remove Magic, among others.
4. Cupio, vertus, licet means it's an Enchantment spell. Expect a disabler, like Chaos.
5. Incertus, pulcher, imperio means Evocation. This is your AoE elemental damage stuff.

Over time you'll get better and better at identifying spells, as you learn the spells schools, ranges, casting times, and scripts.

Good hunting!

A.

Fandraxx

Habitué
Insane note for a 65 year old at the beginning. Almost amazing how important Dio became to the genre, considering he could never coexist within any band (or keep any single iteration of his own together) for any extended period of time.

Antimatter

Administrator
Staff member
I felt down due to some RL issues, but listening to this 1 hour of Skyrim's night ambience music soothed and helped me get back to positivity. That's one of the many strongest features of gaming. The music that is soothing on its own, but also combined with one's memories of this or that game, brings even more joy and comfort.

Black Elk

Habitué
The dude at the end is feeling it for sure! haha

Is it messed up that I'm waiting to Starfield stuff with this humming in the background just to ensure I'm the right level of anxious...? lol

Honestly last time I felt the pins and needles in space was when they brought that one back from the dead, with Robert Englund doing VA, and I was so so certain it would go off without a hitch. But then it was like, damn, all up to Spud Dastardly! Anyhow hopefully the Starfields are fun. I was down by the River all day though. If they a make a sequel dude they'll have to slay another track

Cahir

Innkeeper
Staff member
Since we are all here originated from different places in the world, I'd like to start smuggling some iconic Polish songs that matter to me for all kinds of reasons. I realise most of you would not understand the lyrics, that's why I'll try to pick songs that bring also a great music with it.

Here's the cover of "Dorosłe Dzieci" from the band called Turbo, featuring the original vocalist from Turbo, Grzegorz Kupczyk (the guy in the sunglasses). The song is from an album of the same name, released in 1983 and is describing the tough life of Polish people in the 80's, under the thumb of an oppressive Polish government, being a puppet of Russian regime. I wish you'd understand the lyrics, because it's deep, but even if not, the music is also awesome.

And here's the original videoclip

Top Bottom