The Music Thread

shmity72

Habitué
mostly they will recieve pensions?

I come from a long list of first responder authority. mostly they will receive heartache for their troubles.

my father his brother and the entire 'family' of fire fighters paramedics police everyone that was forced to come to the scene of the disaster first. thank you for your bravery. lol

The 'good news and 'like's' don't make the front page of what 99.9 percent of what these people provide. if you catch my drift.

my father is now 75. has had two titanium knee caps put in from fighting fires 4 discs sucked out and spends his Thursdays and Saturdays volunteering at the aircraft museum. those that readily employ the luxury of pointing the finger at others seldom i find follow this line of activity.

to put a cherry on top yes, white privilege is a thing that needs to be continually worked on.

Attachments

• fill-the-boot-facebook.gif
    fill-the-boot-facebook.gif
    47 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

m7600

Habitué
mostly they will recieve pensions?

I come from a long list of first responder authority. mostly they will receive heartache for their troubles.

my father his brother and the entire 'family' of fire fighters paramedics police everyone that was forced to come to the scene of the disaster first. thank you for your bravery. lol

The 'good news and 'like's' don't make the front page of what 99.9 percent of what these people provide. if you catch my drift.

my father is now 75. has had two titanium knee caps put in from fighting fires 4 discs sucked out and spends his Thursdays and Saturdays volunteering at the aircraft museum. those that readily employ the luxury of pointing the finger at others seldom i find follow this line of activity.

to put a cherry on top yes, white privilege is a thing that needs to be continually worked on.

The video I shared is a song by a band called System Ali. They're from the Middle East. They have Israeli as well as Palestinian members in their band. Their message is of unity, peace, and the healing of shared traumas. This song in particular, called "Can't Breathe", takes George Floyd's dying words and utilizes them as a catalyst for reflecting and singing about the suffering of their own peoples, both Jewish and Arabic. Due to the current state of affairs in the Middle East, I thought it would be appropriate to share this band's message, which, in my humble opinion, is quite powerful. I could have started a thread for discussing politics instead, both domestic as well as international, but this band already says everything I would wish to say, and in a much better way than I ever could.

shmity72

Habitué
The video I shared is a song by a band called System Ali. They're from the Middle East. They have Israeli as well as Palestinian members in their band. Their message is of unity, peace, and the healing of shared traumas. This song in particular, called "Can't Breathe", takes George Floyd's dying words and utilizes them as a catalyst for reflecting and singing about the suffering of their own peoples, both Jewish and Arabic. Due to the current state of affairs in the Middle East, I thought it would be appropriate to share this band's message, which, in my humble opinion, is quite powerful. I could have started a thread for discussing politics instead, both domestic as well as international, but this band already says everything I would wish to say, and in a much better way than I ever could.
Thank you for your thoughtful response. I may have conclusion jumped and forsooth it would seem i did. incidentally in my ultra liberal youth 1993 i interviewed a Palestinian friend of mine on vhs for public broadcasting. He talked about UN resolutions and homelands it's a good one i will re edit it soon. thank you for your patiencehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzWy7MvCcKg 28 minute mark is THE REAL DEAL of Palestinians.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwZQsPJvGQo

Last edited:

shmity72

Habitué
Just. Listen. To. This.

Steve Sim (who is currently at Beamdog) shared this with me today. Wow. An unreleased full version of "some music" (Techno/House) he did for Mass Effect (he was the Audio Lead on ME1).

Perfect for the Friday mood!
My take on your video posted is that it's basically perfect for the feel of the scene there. One notices it. It 'feels' pleasurable, but may be tuned out for story easily enough while bumping to the beat.
It somewhat reminds me of the bar music in Deus Ex. It basically brings a feeling/aura to the scene rather than a focal point.
Music therapy is a real thing. Music can produce feelings as your above audio demonstrates.

Antimatter's post is both audibly AND visually synergized. :)
Thank you for posting that. I joke not when I say the former post is masterful crafting. I listened to it once pleasurably, and once critically. It felt looped yet, transitions 'hickuped' my mind just enough.

Well done, Steve Sim.

Like I've said before, fully 1/2 of ones video is actually the stimulus audio. 10 months of my movie was video about 6 or so was audio work.
I think I had 8 tracks of audio and only 3 of those were vocal. The rest was ambience, 4 tracks of sound effects, (as dragon roars need to be layered, lol), and music.
Maybe 4 or 5 tracks visual.

Here is another audio example that, 'without' words could be sexy, though it would neither be night club nor soft enough to work for what the scene above demanded. More of a fornication scene.

Though it would overcrowd the beautiful FULL art, of the scene posted by Antimatter,
if you like the video posted by Antimatter, you may like this too:

A video game is art, no question. No different than a movie. Here is a specific example, much related to Antimatter's post, you all may find informative. Please, check it out Steve Sim:

Last edited:
Top Bottom