The Music Thread

Urdnot_Wrex

Habitué
This morning I drove home after work, tired and a bit unhappy after finding my car frozen from the inside and also realizing I needed to pass by the gas station urgently.

Then I thought, why let that spoil my mood, turned on the car radio, and when I left the still dark valley where my workplace is located, I was greeted by hilltops, fields and forests bathed in beautiful golden winter morning sunlight while Bonnie Tyler was singing Total Eclipse of the Heart.

Later when I had almost reached my home, the next song was interrupted by a warning that on my motorway, about 50km from my place, people were throwing stones from a bridge and I felt chilled to the bones at the thought that in one moment you can feel the sunshine and hear music, and the next second your life can be over because of a few idiots. But I suppose that's always the case, just not always that obvious to us.

So eat the cake, drink the exploding mushroom ale, kiss the sentient creature of your choice, play the game, remember to enjoy the moment.

mlnevese

Innkeeper
Staff member
Total Eclipse of the heart has a very interesting story. It was going to be part of a musical telling the story of a vampire couple but the musical was never finished. Bonnie aTyler also feared the song would be a total failure when it was released :)

Urdnot_Wrex

Habitué
I'm just not a big nightwish fan sorry.

No need to apologize. We're just posting stuff we like here or we find interesting, and sharing it with others, and checking out what they share to maybe discover something new. It's not a popularity contest ;).

The song that Antimatter posted above for example motivated me to put on my headphones with loud music and go running for the first time since I got sick for a few weeks in November. It felt great and the dopamine burst from the music and the running mentally teleported me to a very happy day in December at a Nightwish concert.

Antimatter

Administrator
Staff member
1 hour ago Nightwish released The Phantom of the Opera video live from Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam featuring Henk Poort. It's been 17 years since they last performed this iconic song. After a viral Beste Zangers performance and a three-year wait due to Covid, it's finally here!

shmity72

Habitué
This was such a historical moment:

when liberty to speak supplanted the need to get retribution for being offended rather than simply accepting an apology. people under 30 unfortunately generally do not understand the usefulness of playing the devil's advocate in conversation, generally speaking. All Nazi's were on target. of course not. but to say such a thing begs the question why?
So why ban words? That sounds like Fahrenheit 451 or McCarthyism rather than 'tolerance'.

'Paradox of tolerance' is a thing.

Sanitizing language fully ...fully paralyzes free expression.

Last edited:
Top Bottom