Pathfinder: Kingmaker and Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous General Discussion, Playthroughs and Minimal/No Reload Thread

mlnevese

Innkeeper
Staff member
I decided to give Wrath of the Righteous another chance. I re-rolled Kyra because I decided to be a human instead of a tiefling. The main story about the demon invasion of Kenabres seems kind of trite to me, if I'm being honest. However, I'm enjoying the small side-quests, such as talking with the thieflings (tiefling thiefs), clearing out Horgus Gwerm's mansion, scouting the museum, etc. My companions are OK I guess, they don't have much of a personality, even though they try hard. The only NPC that I like so far, and who I find hilarious, is Daeran. He's not very good in combat but he has the funniest personality.

View attachment 7003

View attachment 7002

View attachment 7001
Daeran is interesting and has an interesting back story. He won't be very useful until he can cast summoning spells and later on he may be your mobile party healer and even a damage dealer depending how you level/equip him.

m7600

Habitué
I replaced Camellia with Nenio today. I can't stand Nenio, her personality is insufferable, but I need an arcane caster and she's the only one available. I suppose I could take Ember, but she doesn't scribe scrolls.

Besides, something's up with Camellia. I'm almost entirely sure that she'll end up being like Yoshimo in BG2, so I'm not going to fall for that.

m7600

Habitué
On the flip side, I'm liking the army to army combat on the world map. It reminds me of the Heroes of Might and Magic series. I like it when RPGs implement a little bit of non-RPG stuff like this. Same with the kingdom management in Kingmaker. These things can add a certain freshness to the genre, IMHO.

m7600

Habitué
Regill is unintentionally hilarious.

Screenshot from 2024-02-08 13-43-02.png

Screenshot from 2024-02-08 13-44-26.png

m7600

Habitué
His logic is flawed, though. He speaks in a nonchalant, matter-of-fact way, but if you stop to ponder his words, you can notice that he's contradicting himself. He says that he can't look the other way because if he did, then ten or twenty of his people might leave their posts. But he also says that the punishment for leaving your post (the hundred lashes) is a spiritual warm-up. By that logic, his ten or twenty subordinates should leave their posts, because if they stay, they risk of getting killed, but if they leave, they'll only receive a spiritual warm-up, which -by Regill's own admission- is hardly a punishment at all for a true Hellknight. And, if they succeed in getting help, their salary will be doubled. Why on earth would they not leave their posts then, hmm?

m7600

Habitué
I've taken over the citadel of Drezen, and I've chosen the Angel Mythic Path. Not really my cup of tea, but the only other choices were Azata and Demon, and I don't want to be either.

m7600

Habitué
On a side note, I've learned to be a bit more tolerant towards Nenio, now that I know

that she's essentially a talking canine. Everything makes more sense now. My interpretation of her personality is that it's as if someone's dog (or fox, in this case) suddenly became human. She's not a real scientist, she just thinks that humans are really smart, just as dogs think their owners are really smart, so she tries to be like that: really smart. Though it ends up being comical because she's not an actual human. It's like that old acting joke that goes "I'm not a real doctor, but I play one of TV". It's also possible to interpret that when she calls you "my loyal follower", it's not because she's arrogant, but rather because that's how humans treat canines, especially dogs: they're loyal, and they follow you around.

mlnevese

Innkeeper
Staff member
On a side note, I've learned to be a bit more tolerant towards Nenio, now that I know

that she's essentially a talking canine. Everything makes more sense now. My interpretation of her personality is that it's as if someone's dog (or fox, in this case) suddenly became human. She's not a real scientist, she just thinks that humans are really smart, just as dogs think their owners are really smart, so she tries to be like that: really smart. Though it ends up being comical because she's not an actual human. It's like that old acting joke that goes "I'm not a real doctor, but I play one of TV". It's also possible to interpret that when she calls you "my loyal follower", it's not because she's arrogant, but rather because that's how humans treat canines, especially dogs: they're loyal, and they follow you around.
There's a lot more to discover about her if you have the patience to do all the puzzles involved in her questline...

m7600

Habitué
Gets easier after you discover their weakness. Some important itens in this dungeon. Don't leave anything behind :)
It's my favorite dungeon so far. I like the sci-fi elements, it caught me by surprise since this is a fantasy setting. But I think it works well. There were some sci-fi things in Kingmaker, but not to this extent.
I like the enemies as well, super hard to defeat due to their high armor class. But the dungeon seems well designed, it doesn't feel like a slog at all to me.

Top Bottom